Patton & Associates
Fraud Detection & Prevention
Fraud is a serious and expensive problem for all organizations.
- More than eighty five percent of asset theft involves the theft of cash.
- One in five frauds causes losses of at least $500,000.
- Median fraud loss in small businesses is approximately $190,000.
- The typical organization loses five percent of it's annual revenues to occupational fraud.
Internal control studies can help your organization identify weaknesses in your procedures and assist you in developing procedures to help you deter fraud and help you detect fraud, if it occurs. Organizations of all types and sizes are susceptible to fraud, but small organizations (those with a lack of staff for proper segregation of duties) are usually the easiest targets.
Patton & Associates offers the experience and expertise to assist with fraud detection and prevention. Our firm consists of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) that can assist you with the following services:
- Investigating financial statement fraud
- Investigating theft of cash and other assets
- Vendor abuse and collusion
- Ethics hotline
- Internal control studies
- Fraud prevention (the most cost effective way to deal with fraud is to prevent it)
Patton & Associates' commitment to personal, timely, and value-added services is the key to our success in providing fraud detection and internal control services within our community.
*Statistics from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners 2006 Report on Occupational Fraud and Abuse.